Sunday, June 5, 2011

Europe Part I: Amsterdam & Germany

For two weeks in May we travelled around Europe - Amsterdam, Germany, Switzerland & Paris (!!). The purpose of the trip was to visit Marcus' family, who live in a small town called Bernau in Germany. Since this was going to be my first visit to Europe I insisted that we go to Paris (my dream for forever). Not only did I get to experience Paris they way I have always dreamed, Marcus & I also got ENGAGED (pictures in next post) under the eiffel tower. It was an amazing trip, but the engagement had to be the highlight...a fairytale I'd say! I am one very lucky girl!

canal in Amsterdam

flower market - $15 for 50 tulips?! I wish I could have brought armfuls home!

The coffee in europe is beyond amazing. We sipped lattes at a department store in central Amsterdam. 

The original Heineken factory - not in use now, just for tourists!


We got to sample some of the freshest Heineken!


Marcus' cousin picked us up in Germany at the airport, and then we took a short day trip to Basel, Switzerland. We climbed this incredibly high church tower (with incredibly narrow stairs, and no railing - just a rope!). 



In Freibrug, Germany we had some yummy pretzels & beer for lunch.




We drove to a view point that looked over the whole city of Freiburg - pretty great views!


...Paris pictures to come!

2 comments:

  1. cute pictures darling. looks like you guys are having the most marvelous time. can't wait to see pictures of paris.

    kisses,
    Mariel

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're back !! Yay ! I'm so excited you're blogging again :) I can't wait to see what you guys did in Paris :)
    Bisous !

    ReplyDelete