Monday, June 6, 2011

Europe Part II: Paris

We arrived in Paris on a beautiful sunny day! Our hotel was in a great location, very close to the galleries lafayette and in a great spot to hop on to the bus tour we did around Paris. The tour was in an open-top bus that allowed you to "hop-on and hop-off" at any important location or monument. Below is our hotel patio, you can see the very tip of the eiffel in the background!


We had breakfast everyday at the Illy cafe right outside our bus stop. The most delicious espresso machiato's a girl could dream of and chocolate raspberry croissants delivered from the heavens. 



View from the eiffel tower - I was amazed at how far the city reaches



This picture was taken about 20 mins before we got engaged! Marcus said we should find a place to sit, so we found a bench with a view of the eiffel tower, and then he popped the question!


My beautiful ring :)



So not only did I get engaged, I got to visit the eiffel tower and eat raspberry macaroons at the Laduree all in one day. Best day to date!


I wish I could have taken some of this ribbon home!




Outside the Louvre - the sun was so bright that the glare coming off the pyramid made it hard to get a good photo.  




Outside Notre Dame

Arc de Triomphe

Moulin rouge!

Goodbye Paris! I was okay with leaving because we were coming home to tell friends & family about our engagement!
I'm going to be starting a countdown for our next european adventure!

3 comments:

  1. Love your blog! My next destination will definitely be Paris. Your trip looks wonderful!

    - S from Following the Walkers

    ReplyDelete